Friday, February 20, 2015

Short horror story


It was a wrong number that started it, the telephone ringing three times in the dead of night, and the voice on the other end asking for someone he was not. Slamming down the phone I walked downstairs to make sure all the doors were locked and of course they always were. My cat meowed silently behind me, I picked her up and carried her upstairs. The next thing I found was very odd, a single rose on my bed, I picked it up in pure horror and the next thing I knew there was a hand. A drunken voice said “So we meet again.” It was my husband after a very long night, “you scared me half to death!” I screamed and then he kissed me. I asked what the rose was for and he asked me what on earth I was talking about. He was a romantic but not lately, after we had been getting these strange phone calls.

 I heard a crash when we fell asleep, actually it was more of, I felt a crash and when I woke up again he was gone, and everything was gone. There was a lot of screaming and another man waiting at my door. I got up and took his hand as he led me downstairs and showed me what had happened. There laid me, and my husband the man that I assumed had been on the phone was in my house screaming at us. I wasn’t sure who he was or why he would be coming to our house, but I knew my life was ending. Asking for my love, telling me I deserved a better husband, we were crying, begging for our lives. I kept looking at my husband's confused face, and then he told me that he loved me. The whole time my silhouette body thinking of how things can happen so fast with no explanation. What my husband had said angered the man. Then I had recognized the man, he was my stalker, hopelessly in love with me and full of desperation. But he must have known that he could not have me, when he saw how much I was already loved, but by then it was too late. There was no more I could do, no more breath I could take, and then the knife came down, and he took off.

1 comment:

  1. This stort illlustrates your theme well: "thinking of how things can happen so fast with no explanation. "

    ReplyDelete