Thursday, February 12, 2015

Quotes

“No self-respecting woman dresses for men”.
 – Larissa (The Carrie Diaries)




“And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.”
-    -    Freidrich Nietzsche





“You can ask the universe for all the signs you want, but ultimately, we see what we want to see when were ready to see it.”

 – How I Met Your Mother         

                                                                                                                                         

3 comments:

  1. I love all of these quotes! Especially the first one. I think it's something all women should live by. You picked your quotes very well. The fact that the last one is from How I Met Your Mother is awesome, I love that show!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The last quote made so much sense to me. I find it odd that such a deep sounding quote came from such a funny television show. Not everyone realizes that people see the world in many different points of view. When someone is sad, the world is gloomy and cold-hearted. Yet, when someone is exhilarated with joy, the birds seem to chirp and the sun lights up their face and everything is A-OK.
    I also greatly understand the first quote, that no woman should feel the need to dress up just to impress a man. I wear good clothes when I feel like expressing myself, and wear slumpy clothes when I just feel lazy. Either way, I don't really care too much about what other people think about my certain garb of the day. The same goes with make up. make up makes me feel better about myself in general, so I wear make up more for myself than for the likeness of others. But I will always have those days where I just want to be comfy and wear my sweat pants or large sweaters.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Carrie Diaries quote is quite true--most women dress to impress other women and many men don't care at all what the women around them are wearing.

    ReplyDelete