Friday, February 6, 2015

Maya Angelou Questions


1.  I think what she is trying to say is that the caged bird sings of freedom and being far away from where it is. It sings of everything it wants in that moment and hopes of its dreams to come true. I think it means that everyone should have freedom and rights and not be caged in. I understand the idea, the poetic form of it makes it go deeper than what the words really are. It makes you think about what the bird has gone through, and why it feels caged in.
3. I think words have a lot of power and with anything you do people will judge you. If you say the wrong thing to someone you are giving them that power of what to do with it. I feel like if you leave things alone and don’t say anything it can fix some problems, but others need to be talked out. It is also just a theory about what power you can give to things, if you are the kind of person that believes in karma you may believe one way than a person who just doesn’t care. If you feed people power it just makes things worse so the best way is to just know that things are going to get better and move on.
5. I don’t think I could go without talking for five years, because nowadays I have a lot more responsibility than I did when I was her age. But yeah if I was her age I totally could because sometimes I use silence as a way of solving problems or just so I won’t be bothered. Sometimes people get it and other times it makes people go crazy and hate me or become super annoyed with me. I think I talk a fair amount like I don’t do it all the time, but when I do it’s meaningful. I don’t know talking hasn’t ever been my strong point, I like being silent instead. I could probably learn who people truly are if I talked less which usually happens and then I get super annoyed with them or I realize they are a good person and I should talk more to them. By speaking more I could probably learn how to make my conversations better and how to make it seem interested in a person.
8. There is a difference between truth and fact it is like believing and seeing. You can believe something is the truth and just assume or actually see it and talk to the person yourself and get the facts. I feel like a lot of people nowadays just assume and it makes things worse than if they just confronted someone. The truth of something you heard can just be made up but nothing is really factual until you do research or go to the source.
9. When I need to get something done I will pick my split ends, go on Instagram, Tumblr, etc... I like getting things done my own way and I don’t have too many specific set rules for myself. But I also feel like procrastination came help you think about things or give your brain time to think about what is going on and maybe it can help you from going crazy.

 

 

1 comment:

  1. I agree that procrastination isn't always a bad thing and that finding your own way to get things done can lead to unexpected and positive results. I also see truth in this line: "the best way is to just know that things are going to get better and move on."

    ReplyDelete