Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Not a real love story

I dream about boy butts, and so does my friend so I don’t feel so weird about it. Actually it isn't that weird it is rather normal but of course society has to make human body parts “awkward” and “gross” to talk about. Who cares though this is a new world especially if you are relating it to the world a hundred years ago when showing an ankle was unacceptable. But anyways it’s not anyone’s in particular so don’t get too worked up. As I’m passing in the hallways I see my friend and she tells me she has a boyfriend, well not a real boyfriend just someone to talk to that she met at this skating rink the other day. They “slow skated” to a love song and the romance blossomed from there. I think about how it must be to slow skate with a guy, that fake love moment you guys have when your eyes meet and it’s just you and that person. I think about it until the end of the day, until I am just about to get into my car and BAM there he is, his car parked next to mine. I can feel his eyes bearing into my black and white striped shirt. He says “Hey I didn't know you parked here.” (I park there every single flipping day), is what I wanted to say but instead it was more like “Only on Tuesdays.” Which was me being sarcastic and happily he caught that and laughed. What could that possibly mean, is he somehow now interested in me? And If so then why, like I am cute but still why. When I got in my car to leave, he let me go first probably so he could judge my driving skills and see if I was a possible candidate for a girlfriend. I notice whenever I am driving that he is following me, or we just go the same direction to get home. I think about what it would be like to be with him, to hold his hand. Then I snap out of it and realize that what I am doing is bad karma, and I hate myself for five seconds. That night I went to bed over analyzing the whole situation, what could this whole day possibly mean, and I dream about boy butts.



3 comments:

  1. Hahaha! This piece is great. It's so full of humor. I love how you were able to take this little quote about boy butts and make a story out of it. I think you got the idea of society making body parts gross and awkward to talk about spot on, as well as the thought and insecurities that come with high school "romances." Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a very different take to romance, and I enjoy it a lot more than the super gooey stuff that is out there. I have to admit, I have never dreamed of boy butts ;) but oh well. It is astonishing that you came up with a nice story that began and ended with that line. The picture is also very cute and matches the story well. Similarly to the main character, I over analyze small situations like that every single day of my life, even if it doesn't deal with boys in general. It could be any small talk that I have with anyone that I wonder about. This is one of my qualities that I think I would be better off without, but oh well. I have to figure out how to deal with it :P I am also quite clumsy and scatter-brained. I imagine the main character having those same qualities even though it is not outwardly written in the short passage.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your mention of romance blooming during a slow skate brought back some great memories for me! : ) I remember feeling way out of my league when a cute boy from another town asked me to slow skate and he was swirling all around, skating backwards in front of me, all advanced in probably more than skating.

    ReplyDelete