Friday, January 30, 2015

Just Another Color Story.

Orange is the color of innocent desire, and unsureness like whenever you see someone you like in the hallways but you try not to stare. It is the burning feeling you get when you look at them and picture how cute and wonderful your world would be, but you don’t stare too long or the color will fade away. It is being unsure but almost a coral when you get the nerve to talk to someone and the color gets deeper and your face gets brighter, and when you can’t breathe you become the sunshine and they become the dark that mixes to make the perfect color.

Purple is a color that brings the two together, it is a mix of the freshest plums I used to pick along with the oranges, and blueberries. It is what my life is now, like walking through a dark tunnel and you can see no end. There is a light that brightens the way but takes a while to get there. Purple is the color of hope and the smell of lavender that reminds me once when I didn’t have a clue. It is the hope that is always there to leave me with a happy future. It is the smell I get before I blow out that candle.

All these colors have brought my life together in unimaginable ways, some truer than others. Black is all I see right now, and gray. I need a silver lining through this long journey it is the ink of an unfinished story, like someone has had writers block for a year now and doesn’t know what to write for me next so now I am here in the midst of the darkness waiting.

 

2 comments:

  1. I love how well you capture the relationship between colors and the feelings the invoke. The line "It is the burning feeling you get when you look at them and picture how cute and wonderful your world would be, but you don’t stare too long or the color will fade away" particularly stood out to me. Something about it just rings true. And the phrase "the ink of an unfinished story" is just fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an exhilarating feeling you describe: " being unsure but almost a coral when you get the nerve to talk to someone and the color gets deeper and your face gets brighter, and when you can’t breathe you become the sunshine and they become the dark that mixes to make the perfect color."

    ReplyDelete