Friday, January 9, 2015

I am poem

The youngest person in pretty much my entire family
The one with the upmost imagination and unrealistic goals
Never the person to break any type of silence
An introvert that always feels too busy to go anywhere
Too insightful for my own sanity
An artist that paints her emotions, when there are no more words
The face I put on every morning so I feel invincible
The clothes I hang on the walls in my room that surround me with complete satisfaction
A chip in perfectly painted hot pink sparkly nails
Constantly making my music louder, so the world has no presence
The scuff on my boot that I deny to get rid of because it adds character
The beauty of a rose that has yet to be picked
A ray of sunshine that ensues on a rainy day
The liveliness I have when I drink coffee
Always wondering what it would be like to live like someone else
Always realizing that I’m okay being the person that I am


3 comments:

  1. I have this in common: "Too insightful for my own sanity"
    I also adore your lines 10-14, from the nail polish to the sun :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can relate to what you said about being an introvert who overthinks things and is often too paralyzed by all there is to do. I really love the last couple of lines, especially "realizing that I’m okay being the person that I am." That's big.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all the imagery in your poem. It made me realize how much I feel like these things as well. I always wonder what it would be like to be someone else, then I realize I'm okay being me, and I think that's a point that everyone has to come to sooner or later.

    ReplyDelete